Friday, January 29, 2010

Reaction Time: "All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues"

"You owe me $20,000!" "You'll get it."

This is the first episode I can watch on TV. Thank you XBOX and Netflix Streaming.

Huh, another episode focusing on Jack? Already?

I know enough about the series to know that this relationship between Jack and his father play a much larger role than these initial episodes let on. One of my questions from earlier was why did Jack have to follow his father to Australia - I'd say Jack ratting out his father and forcing him to lose his license would be a fairly good reason to run off to Australia. That doesn't quite answer my question, but it seems like a logical progression towards a complete answer.

Another point brought up in the previous episode - Rousseau mentioned that she had arrived on the island as part of a scientific expedition. I'm assuming this is a set-up for all the DHARMA stuff. As much as I've followed the recaps and such, DHARMA is the one concept that I really have no understanding of. I know they have to do with studying and researching the island, and it plays a huge role especially once time-travel enters the series, but I don't understand all the politics behind it (hence watching the show....).

More evidence of Locke's deep connection with the island...and I like that Boone brought up the reference of the red shirts in Star Trek being the ones who get killed. Foreshadowing? Yeah, I'd think so. Before watching the Season 5 finale, I'd only seen one episode of LOST before - "Deus Ex Machina". I know the role that metal hatch plays later.

No comments:

Post a Comment