Sunday, January 31, 2010

Reaction Time: "What Kate Did"

"Don't mistake coincidence for fate."

Mr. Eko, you've been watching the series along with me, haven't you? Reading my blog, are you?

Oh, Katie, Katie, Katie...Sawyer loves you. You kiss Jack. You love Sawyer. Jack loves you. Way to complicate matters. This is why I don't like you. You can't make up your mind, you can't let things be. You have to run, you have to complicate matters.

So Kate killed her step-father (who is apparently actually her birth father), and that's why her mom panicked when she came to visit her in the hospital in "Born to Run" (I didn't recognize Beth Broderick. I fail as a Sabrina the Teenage Witch fan - and this is delayed but OMFG Bernard is Principal Dewitt from Growing Pains?!). Rough story, for sure. Still doesn't excuse who she's become...(sorry writers - I'm not falling for redemption stories. You pissed me off hardcore with Shannon/Sayid).

Where did the horse come from? I know farm animals isn't completely shocking here (I remember them strangling a chicken in "The Other 48 Days"), but a horse is a pretty big thing to stay hidden. But eh, who knows.

Mr. Eko and Michael watch the DHARMA Initiative Orientation film, and Michael asks the question on my mind - the splices. They are quite noticeable - it's more than a single frame missing here and there. Why are they not to communicate with Others? Will there be ramifications for Michael's conversation with (supposedly) Walt? And is the "incident" referred to in the film THE Incident in the Season 5 finale?

"So, Rose's husband is white - didn't see that coming." THANK YOU FOR SAYING WHAT EVERYONE WAS THINKING.

No comments:

Post a Comment