Friday, January 29, 2010

Reaction Time: "Homecoming"

As I said before - YAY CLAIRE IS BACK!!!

Except...this isn't my normal, bubbly Claire. This is a scared Claire who doesn't know where she is, who anyone is...and it's only the memory of Charlie and his imaginary peanut butter from "Confidence Man" that reminds her. A-dor-able.

BTW - how did she escape? She had no memory of what happened, and is pregnant...did someone free her?

Another Charlie centric episode. I know I expressed happiness for Boone before, but my love definitely lies with Charlie.

Oh right, I was going to try to be better about focusing. Screw it, it's getting late and I'm getting tired. My focus can wander. I may have to quit after this episode...(oh crap, I haven't eaten dinner yet).

Watching Jack beat the crap out of Ethan was glorious. And I know Charlie did a bad thing by killing him, but dude - he deserved it.

I find it interesting to learn that Lindelof cites this as one of his least favorite episodes of the series. I liked how Charlie's story was used - for once it wasn't leading us to anything deeper than who he had been in the past. But maybe that's Lindelof's problem with it - there's no purpose to the episode, other than the return of Claire. Not even Ethan provides any movement in the narrative, because Charlie shoots him before we can find out anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment